Monday, October 4, 2010

Three kinds of Orange Soups



If you haven’t noticed, honey and garlic have been my latest obsession. Just recently begin to get serious with honey, I almost try to include honey in everything. Sometimes in the morning, when I have no chance to catch a breakfast, a spoonful of honey is nutritious and enough to get me through till lunch. Now, what amazes me, the more I read about honey, more reasons are revealed why it is such an essential ingredients to keep on your pantry. Online articles have mentioned that consuming a tablespoon of honey everyday can help the absorption of calcium which helps to prevent osteoporosis. Dated as far as the era of Ming Dynasty, it has been known that honey help to clear away toxin, dispel pathogenic heat, relieve pain and combat dehydration(see full article)




The weather today was clearly making the statement that fall is at last here. The rain, and sudden drop to zero really taking a toll on me. Suddenly I have this impulsive need of sipping my way through a bowl of warm soup. I don’t have anything in mind other than I want some color veggies to brighten up my rather mundane day.
So I threw in some sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, red onions and heartwarming spices to boiling water. I let it simmer until all of the veggies were tender, drizzled some honey, roasted garlic and ended up making a puree out of it. A little touch of coarse sea salt, and black pepper later, I was on my way out to being under the weather.


Ps: Was going to serve this with a cranberry focaccia that I bought from the farmers market. Surprise surprise,my husband already land it to his stomach! Well maybe next time!


Passion + Patience *Gastrobutterfly* A food to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop by and say hello:

FoodBuzz