Thursday, October 28, 2010

Peaches and Pork Roast


 





You might be scrunching your face over Homer’s   moments with the magical pork.
Let ‘s face it pork is not for everyone. You know why or maybe no reason why.  I am not a devout pork eater, I tend to avoid cooking one simply because it has to be seasoned and cooked right. Nevertheless I have to agree though "Pork - no animal is more used for nourishment and none more indispensable in the kitchen; employed either fresh or salt, all is useful, even to its bristles and its blood; it is the superfluous riches of the farmer, and helps to pay the rent of the cottager."Alexis Soyer 19th century French chef('The Modern Housewife'1851) 


However with suggestions on diet to consume less red meat, pork become one of the choices left. Although the rest of pork meat is fatty, Pork loin is low in fat (5gram of fat) and content as high as 29 gram of protein for a 4oz loin. So I thought why not. Today I challenged my seasoning and cooking skill with a slab of pork loin sitting in front of my face. Coriander is the first spice that is ringing in my brain, since we used it a lot to marinate pork satay back home. Since traditionally fruit is a good accompaniment to pork, I picked a few ripe peaches to give an extra freshness to the pork.

So here are the ingredients and how to:
 1lbs of Pork Loin
Seasoned with:
3 tsp of garlic powder
2 tsp of coriander powder
1tsp of sea salt
½ tsp of cinnamon
1tbsp of mustard seed
2 tbsp of brown sugar
Baked for 400 F  for an 45 minutes
 In the oven also throw in a pan of:
2 large peaches ( wedged)that has been drizzle with 1 tbsp of brown sugar and  1tsp cinnamon
After 45 minutes remove the pork loin juice, and throw in the baked peaches to the pork loin,
Broil them for 10 minutes. Let it cool and serve.


Now is it your cup of tea? I enjoyed it for a change.



Passion + Patience *Gastrobutterfly* A food to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop by and say hello:

FoodBuzz