Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Feast of Fall: Whole Roasted Chicken with Garlic Cinnamon!

       I work at the wonderland of foods, and every morning I am awakened not by the smell of coffee, but fresh roasted chicken! The aroma is so tempting, sometimes I feel like eating the chicken right away. Too bad my dress shirt and the name badge preventing me from doing so. So tonight when I went home I made a revenge and put the chicken on the table for our dinner! Only this time its Home made.
      I was having a difficult time to decide what to put on my chicken. I feel like putting toppings for pizza, sometimes I get too carried away and ended up with something more elaborate than I thought. This time I promised myself to keep it simple and nice.



The ultimate Fall Feast

 So it came down to 4basic ingredients and 1 special superstar: garlic, pepper, salt, olive oil, lemon juice and cinnamon! I decided the later ingredients because I have been infatuated by its warmth.
I also had a chance to cut up some nice vegetables from the farmers market. My  best favourite is the yellow carrots! They are sweet and crunchy. I also paired them with honeyed peppered pumpkin as accompaniment for the chicken.
Roasted Potatoes and Yellow Carrots with Salami and Romano cheese

Honey Pepper Roasted Pumpkin

So it came down to 4basic ingredients and 1 special superstar: garlic, pepper, salt, olive oil, lemon juice and cinnamon! I decided the later ingredients because I have been infatuated by its warmth.
I also had a chance to cut up some nice vegetables from the farmers market. My  best favourite is the yellow carrots! They are sweet and crunchy. I also paired them with honeyed peppered pumpkin as accompaniment for the chicken.
If you want to make this simple chicken here is how:

You need:
1 whole chicken ( medium size)
2 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of freshly cracked pepper
1 ½ tsp of coarse sea salt
1 tbsp of garlic powder ( easy way of adding flavour)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
Olive oil


Garlic Cinnamon Roasted Chicken with Fall Vegetables

How:
Pour the lemon juice evenly on the skin and breast cavity. Mix all the dry ingredients and sprinkle it over the chicken skin evenly, and  on the inside cavity
Preheat the oven for 375F, and cook for an hour covered, and then uncovered and turn to broil for 10-12 minutes until its nicely browned and crispy. Serve it with your favourite vegetable and a type of carbohydrate.

Bon Apettite! 



Passion + Patience *Gastrobutterfly* A food to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop by and say hello:

FoodBuzz