Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yoghurt Yoghurt Pudding Cake with Rhubard and Strawberry Sauce






Dear: adventurer!

 




Finally! I’m here again- doing what I love the most! I must apologize to you for skipping this blog for almost two weeks. Let’s just say that I needed to force myself to do the greater deed ( the diploma) although clearly, I felt very content with my food. Anyhow, enough for unnecessary talk, I am here to kiss and make up, after all what I’m offering you might be so tempting that you forgot about my M.I.A. ( missing in action).

 

So what I’m about to tell you is my Yoghurt Bread Pudding Cake story. I was craving for some sorts of cheese cake, but being me: I didn't want to buy a regular cheesecake, I wanted to make one! So I decided to take a trip down to my neighbourhood grocery store, and bought several staple items, including the cream cheese for the cake. At that point, I have to be honest with you I had no idea how I was going to make the wanted cheesecake. I just had the urge to.

 Off course something went wrong when I least expected it.Guess what? As I opened my cream cheese,  I found it already eaten by molds. Ew…and Damn! But since I had the urge to just cook ( at this point I really don’t care what I was making anymore since I just have to cook) I decided, fine be it you cream cheese! I will definitely do fine without you.

So I decided to do an experiment with Balkan yoghurt instead. My common sense thought it might work since it contained almost the same properties and ingredients of cream cheese:goodness, and taste! So little that I knew – I made my very first improvised dessert:Yoghurt Pudding Cake with Rhubard and Strawberry  Sauce!


  Here is the list of ingredients for the recipe:

  • 125 ml whipping cream
  • 5 tbsp corn starch
  • 2 egg   1 whole+ 1 yolk
  • 5tbsp sugar
  • 5tbsp Balkan yoghurt
  •  Drips of Vanilla extracts
  • Pinch of salt
  • Garnish: Rhubarb and Strawberry Sauce with fresh berries

 

The “execution”

  • Using a mixer, I whip the egg and the sugar all together until its creamy
  • Whipping cream  is added and whipped
  • Corn starch is added to give structure and body
  • Lastly the Yoghurt is stirred into the batter with vanilla extracts
  • I greased a baking dish with  little sprayed oil, then pouring the batter into the mixture
  • Then I baked the batter at 325F at almost 25 minutes ( until its golden brown)
  • Once the cake is ready, I cut it into pieces and drizzled it with the rhubarb strawberry sauce that I made a day earlier, with extra touch of berries.

 It was surprisingly good! The marriage of tangy sour yoghurt with the sweet sour rhubarb-strawberry sauce was phenomenal! I had to admit I was quite please since it was clearly a blind experiment. So if you want to try at home, you are welcome to try it as well!

PS: If you have a left over of the cake, you can easily moisten the cake the next morning by reheating it! Taste better when it’s hot! Happy cooking!

 

 



Passion + Patience

*Gastrobutterfly*

A food to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop by and say hello:

FoodBuzz