Friday, November 12, 2010

Sweet Grilled Beef Back Ribs


I am guilty as charged for not updating this blog for more than a week!  I had prepared everything before hand and thought about possible things to write a week in advance, and still with Christmas arriving already for a retailer, I had to be at the front line of my duty for 15 hour sometime in a day putting decorations and making the store as merry as it can be. You know it Christmas is here when Starbucks have their holiday cup! Some of the holiday famous purchase of the week: dried fruits, sultana raisins and more glazed cherries!  Over the chit chat two customers suggested me to soak raisins in gin for a week to battle with any kind of pain.  She said: shoulder pain, internal pains, joint stiffness etc. I hope watching me work was not that painful; I wonder where the suggestions come from. But I had an aha moments seriously thinking, how did this people know what I am dealing with everyday. Ha!
So, this week has been more a survival for the fittest period for me, not to forget the flu season got me too! I am so glad the holiday season prop has been set up well and now is time for me to get back to my real hobby; to write and picture it in 7x11 inch sets of image. But maybe if you are lucky  we will get to a bowl of raisins soak in gin or rum prefferably, oh but it only work with gin if you want to heal any kind of pain ( quoting a customer).


This week food is very far from any merry alcoholic infused dishes. It is just a simple beef ribs marinated in soya sauce and other earthy spices. I served it with tomatillos hot sauce over a bed of rice.
Here are the ingredients:
1 kg of beef back ribs
In a zip lock bag mixed the marinating ingredients:
1tbsp of brown sugar
1 ½ tbsp of minced garlic
2 tsp of coriander powder
1tsp of minced ginger
1/2tsp of cinnamon
1 star anise
½ tsp of black pepper
½ tsp of salt
Lemon juice from 1 lemon
5 tbsp of Indonesian sweet soya sauce
Marinate the beef ribs for at least a day to make sure a flavourful meat.
Preheat the oven for 350 F  cook for  45 minutes ( with the aluminum cover),  open the aluminum cover ,drain the juice and change it to broil  for 15-20 minutes to give a smoky texture . Brush the ribs with the juice once in a while to keep it moist and a layered flavours!

 Hopefully the picture is enough to keep your eyes busy for now.


Passion + Patience *Gastrobutterfly* A food to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop by and say hello:

FoodBuzz