Friday, September 17, 2010

Stuffed Chicken with Arugula, Almond, Garlic and Butter with Pasta

 
         This week is definitely an emo one for me. Endless rounds of Simon &Garfunkel and Daniel Sahuleka songs really bring me down to memory lanes. Especially “Sounds of silence”, took me back to my childhood time where four of us (my siblings) play Lego with the Asian instrumental rendition of this Simon & Garfunkel song. Oh how I miss those times!   Hundreds “replay” later, I am still caught up in the serenity of those songs. Since I’ve been ordered to bed rest for these two days, I happily lied down on my carpet and surrender myself to the sounds as it surrounds our small apartment. It seemed the music is so right for rainy days, welcoming the not so happy jolly fall.  Oh rainy days really freezes me. I reluctantly looked at the watch and it’s almost 5. Hubby will come home in half an hour and I have not got the kitchen hot!

        I should have been doing something easy and quick, but somehow I went to a different direction. Now I have been meaning to do this for days. Stuffed chicken breast. I don’t know why. I just thought it will be amazing. In fact I have contemplated what stuffing I should put in it since I only have limited ingredients (it’s the end of the week and I haven’t gone grocery shopping). So after much thinking, I decide to stuff the chicken a paste made from arugula, garlic, almond, butter and seasonings. If you yourself or your family member does not like to eat leafy veggies like my husband, changing the texture of veggie such as making it into a paste and stuffed to chicken breast will work like magic!
My husband came home earlier before I finished my cooking, and he requested pasta to go along with the meal. So here is what we ended up eating for dinner.


The execution:


  • 1 cup of arugula leaf
  • 1 ½ tbsp of minced garlic
  • A handful of blanched almonds
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • Salt and pepper to season
  • Puree all of the above ingredients in food processor to make the stuffing
 
  • Put them in a large plastic and form a cone.Cut the tip when you are ready to stuff.
  • Take the chicken breast and a slightly wider knife.
  • Make a pocket through the middle of the chicken breast by making a 2-3 cm slit but make sure it does not go all the way to either side.
  • Take the stuffing cone and stuff the chicken gently.




  • Once you are done, wash your hand. Prepare a double batter with 3 separate plates each containing seasoned flour ( salt & pepper), 1 beaten eggs, and bread crumbs.
  • Cover the chicken breast with the flour, then eggs and bread crumbs
  • Cover them with plastic wrap and leave them in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to overnight.
  • This will prevent the butter to leak when frying and let the chicken moisture to be absorbed by the batter.
  • Once its ready to be cooked, heat some oil in the frying pan and fry them 5 min on each sides.
  • Once its cooked let them rest for 5 minutes before you slice them.
  • Serve with vegetables of your choice and potato or pasta!

 If you like what you see or if you have any input please leave a comment,as I am excited to hear your thoughts!
Cheers,



Passion + Patience *Gastrobutterfly* A food to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop by and say hello:

FoodBuzz