Monday, June 1, 2009

Ramp, Dandelion and Violet dance



Dear : Friends!

I can barely remember the last time I wrote this Blog! The past 4 weeks I have been so lucky to volunteer with Dave Sloan a photographer who was an alumn in my university. He and his wife have been so kind to allow me exploring my artsy imagination on my dream job! Food stylist! He needed to make a portfolio and so did I, so it was a win win situation. I keep telling myself I would be the luckiest person in the world if I could work as a food stylist. Having so much fun, and dealing with the challenges is always a thrill. I cant wait!!!.

Since both Dave and Linda ( his wife) own a cottage up north, they wanted to bring in the wild taste of rustic leeks, dandelion and the smell of the forest to your eyes। We came up with three recipes: The wild salads, Fiddlehead omellete, and the must try Wild Morelle and Almond Lasagna! It was so mouthwatering… except that you can’t ever break the rule number 1: never eat the hero food! Too bad… BUT Good thing I kept the recipe for you to try, and surely you can spoil your eye a little with shot that we took few weeks ago


Here we go:

The salads was consisted of

  • Ramps ( wild leeks leaves and stalk , you can use the bulb too)
  • Dandelion
  • Trout lily leaves ( do not use if it flowered already)
  • Lemon zest
  • Red pepper sliced in julienne cut.
  • Violet ( flower is edible)

Dressing:

  • Vinegrette using olive oil, a little red wine vinegar, lemon juice
  • Drizzle of honey
  • Salt and pepper to taste

The macro look of the salad looks so pretty.

I hope you enjoy the salad if not, enchant your eyes a little!



Passion + Patience

*Gastrobutterfly*

A food to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop by and say hello:

FoodBuzz